Monday, May 28, 2012

In Memory

Memorial -- "Something, such as a monument or holiday, intended to celebrate or honor the memory of a person or an event."

In past years, Memorial day for me has been a day to pay special tribute to those in the armed forces who served our country and gave of themselves for our freedom. Today, that is obviously still something I am forever grateful for...but my gratefulness has broadened.

Today became a day for me to also reflect on how dad and Sara gave of themselves. Dad and Sara both dedicated their lives to serving God and others. They taught me so much about life and priorities. They taught me how to be intentional.

They were intentional in everything they did and their intention was to put God and others first. 

So, in celebration and honor of their memory, my focus is on being intentional. Being intentional in my walk with God and others.  


Being intentional in Choosing Joy!


I love you and miss you both, more than you can imagine.



blog comments powered by Disqus