Monday, April 18, 2011

Blog Peep Questions: Round 18

blog peeps logo

What flavor of ice cream should be outlawed?

Oh, that's easy. Mint chocolate chip. Seriously… mint anything is hideous to me. And there are also great ice cream flavors out there that are ruined by almonds and pecans and pistachios and other gross nuts. There were so many times that I was wanting a good old fashioned Rocky Road but never got to have any because so many brands use almonds instead of peanuts.

ick. Just wrong.

And while we're on the topic of gross things, what ever possessed someone to put coconut in a candy bar?

Seriously.

If you could eat three foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Cheese. Cheese. And cheese.

There are a great many foods I can no longer eat because my body has developed an allergy to different ingredients, but hands-down-without-question I miss cheese more than anything else.

Including chocolate.

I love cheese that much.

The funny thing is, I didn't realize how much I loved cheese until it was unavailable to me. Then I realized I ate it in everything, on everything and with everything. And yes, I know there are vegan options, but people… that's not cheese.

I miss it to the point where, if doctors ever tell me I only have hours left to live, I have friends who know exactly which restaurants to go to to get me food that has cheese in it so I can go out with a stomach full of happy.

For real, though, if I had to choose three things, I would probably say:

  1. toasted cheese bread topped with bacon and dipped in ranch dressing
  2. Mom's fried pork chops with mashed potatoes topped with milk gravy and corn
  3. a really good bacon cheeseburger with Countryside barbeque sauce and fries

Sorry I've now made all of you hungry. :)

What was your favorite grade? Would you go back to school [not for a new degree, but to a time]?

This question made me think of the movie Miss Congeniality when Miss Rhode Island was asked what her perfect date would be and she answered, "That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket."

Because the first thought I had to "What was your favorite grade?" was A+.

I wouldn't go back to the drama of junior high or high school for all the money or health in the world, but I would totally go back to some of my college years. I loved everything about it. I loved the newfound freedom, I loved the friendships I formed, I loved that college held new responsibility but also held enough whimsy that it was acceptable to be social and fun at the oddest times.

I loved my classes… I loved that it was my job to sit in a room full of people and discuss books and write papers. It wasn't even work because it was so intriguing to me. I love the memories I have of that time in my life, and I'm so grateful I soaked in as much as I did.

Does Riley's personality remind you of any human you know?

Oh my word, I hope not. It's amazing what is acceptable in a dog, because I think he is the most perfect animal for me. He is incredibly attentive and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

But he is incredibly narcissistic. If I had a husband who was this clingy, demanded that I give him food at his every whim, expected me to clean up after him and required my full attention at all times – including jealousy over me speaking to or looking at another human – we'd be divorced in a hot minute. :)

If you have any questions for me… just leave them in the comment section and I'll answer them in another post. :)

blog comments powered by Disqus