Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gitz Bits 2011: Week 4

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, January 24, 2011

1.24.11

My sister Laura drove down for the afternoon on Monday. I hadn't seen her since this fall and the sweet girl drove all the way here just to make me some chicken noodle soup and put away some of my Christmas decorations for me.

I tell you what, I'm a party a minute for those coming to visit. :)

I took this picture because I had not originally put the red and green ribbons in this little decoration, but when little Yodi [Eliana] was here she felt I needed a little more pizzazz in the decorations and added that little flair.

I almost hated to put it away.

divider green

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1.25.11

The translation of this look is: Could you please bring your sister back here? Because she cooks things that smell good. And you don't.

divider green

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1.26.11

I am totally stealing some creativity from my friend Mandy and naming this plant Lazarus. Because as I have now shown in photos, it really does come back from the dead.

divider green

Thursday, January 27, 2011

1.27.11

This is the happiest new development in my world.

My sister Laura, the same one who came and made me soup, did something pretty amazing. She took the memorial money that was given to her after Dad died and used it to set up a system on their school's website. This systems allows me to see, in real time, my niece and nephew playing in tournaments. This will allow me to watch Thomas, in his senior year, play basketball and even walk across a stage this spring to receive his diploma.

I get to not miss it. And I can't begin to tell you what that does for my spirit.

divider green

Friday, January 28, 2011

1.28.11

I watched Thomas and Becca all weekend [that's her with the jump shot, which was all net, by the way], and they DOMINATED. I'm not even saying that just because I'm biased and think they're amazing. Both the boys' and girls' teams won their championship games, and Thomas was named Most Valuable Player of the tournament.

It's official. They are rock stars. AND I GOT TO SEE IT!!!!

divider green

Saturday, January 29, 2011

1.29.11

I swear to God I did not set up this shot. I just looked over from my spot in bed and cracked up laughing. I'm a technology addict.

I may need a technology intervention. Or I may need more technology since I'm on a roll. I can't decide which. :)

divider green

Sunday, January 30, 2011

1.30.11

Here's a little irony for you. I took this picture on Sunday with the intention of declaring to you all that I'm sick of snow and grey skies and all things winter and dreary. Admittedly, the fact that I'm feeling so lousy doesn't help my feelings about the dismal looking skies. I am so ready to look out the window and see sunshine and green grass.

The ironic part? I didn't know at the time that as you all are reading this on Tuesday, we would be in the middle of a good old fashion Iowa winter weather event. Bring on the snow...

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus