Thursday, January 13, 2011

YOU:create ... week 21

People, I miss painting. I'm not brilliant at it, but I love doing it. And I love giving them away. And on weeks when I get my tushy up a little bit every day and piece one together, I will be giving them away to all of you. Here.

But on those weeks when my tushy isn't up [let's face it... I can't do squats and leg lifts anymore, this tushy ain't seen "up" in awhile. :)] then I figure I still need to do something creative.

That's the point of these Thursdays, isn't it? That no matter what our worlds hand us, there is still something in us. And that something needs to be fed.

It's called creativity.

And I refuse to lose mine.

So on those weeks when I don't get a canvas made, I'm just moving my Friday Five doodling giveaways to Thursdays instead. Because I still like giving away free stuff. And I still love being creative.

No matter how big or small.

This week's giveaway is a bit of a delayed bringing-in-the-new-year doodle. I find that in my scrapbooking projects throughout the year, sometimes I like to stick the date or the year on the page in creative ways.

Hopefully these little 2011 doodles will help spark a creative page or two in you. They're simple, but can be recolored, made smaller to be placed on a photo or a card, or used as an embellishment. Whatever your creative mind decides.

And I have an idea for next week's YOU:create, but it all depends on whether or not you're interested.

If you look over to the right, I put my One Word of 2011:

1photo

on my sidebar and linked it to my post on praise. I wanted a very simple, visual reminder for myself to keep my focus, and to point others to it as well.

Would you like a simple reminder of your One Word?

If you do, tell me your word in the comment section between now and next Wednesday, and I'll compile handwritten versions of your words, too. You can put it on your blog, use it in your scrapbooking for the year, tape it on your bathroom mirror, whatever works for you!

And if you're looking for "One Word" inspiration, you should check out Alece's blog where a ton - and I mean a ton - of people linked up their One Word posts. Inspirational is an understatement.

In the meantime, click the "download" button below for today's doodles.

4photo

3photo

5photo

6photo

9photo

download

divider red

I can’t wait to see what you guys came up with this week! Just click below and follow the instructions to link to your project. When it asks you to choose the web or a file for your thumbnail, choose web. Then it will take you to a list of the images on the page you are linking to and you’ll be able to choose a photo to represent your project.

blog comments powered by Disqus