Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gitz Bits 2011: Week 1

Alrighty, peeps... we're in it for another year!

And we started off with a... well, not a bang. Smile

I can't say I was great about toting the camera out this week since I was so sick, but on the days I didn't take out a camera I'm going to use "filler" photos of things that happened in the past couple of weeks that I didn't have a chance to show you.

Yes, it's cheating.

But I'm ok with that. :)

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, January 3, 2011

1.3.11

Is that not the cutest little human you've ever seen?

She's my cousin Maria's daughter, Camille, and I'm in love with her. They came over for a visit and Milley [this is what she calls herself... it's pronounced mealy] and I sat in bed and toasted each other with french fries.

It's my new favorite thing to do.

I may have mentioned 483 times that night that my Dad would have taken her, stolen her, kissed her to pieces and entertained her for hours on end. And in his absence, I am more than willing to step in and do that job.

Adorable.

divider green

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1.4.11

Random photo, I know, but my phone has been driving me crazy. They updated the voicemail system, and now all the numbers that did certain things no longer do those certain things. So when I go to delete a voicemail it is, instead, repeating it. And I repeat this function many times a day.

FYI: since this Gitz Bits thing is supposed to show my real life, I didn't clean the make up off the keypad before taking the picture.

But I thought about it. :)

divider green

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1.5.11

It was Tuesday night into Wednesday that I had the bad medication reaction, so this is a "filler" photo that I've been wanting to show you anyway. The day before Christmas Eve, this group of hoodlums showed up in my parking lot, called me on the cell, put me on speaker phone and sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas."

How fun is that?!?!?!?

divider green

Thursday, January 6, 2011

1.6.11

Riley was so crazy good during the scary experience that I am putting up a filler photo of him in appreciation.

That, and he's just a cute filler.

divider green

Friday, January 7, 2011

1.7.11

I cooked!

Ok, I didn't really cook. But I totally stirred. With a spoon. It's like I'm a MacGyver of the kitchen or something.

One of the biggest bummers of being allergic to so many good foods is that I'm restricted in my dipping options. And I'm a dipper. I miss ranch dressing almost as much as I miss cheese.

And I miss cheese. A lot.

All ranch dressing packets contain whey, but I discovered that french onion dip packets don't. Of course, I can't mix them with sour cream and everything else it says you can put the dry mix in, so I experimented and mixed the french onion packet of powder in Miracle Whip.

Turns out, it's DELICIOUS. And now I'm eating all of Riley's carrots.

Because I am, once again, a dipper.

divider green

Saturday, January 8, 2011

1.8.11

Someone in the house, whose name begins with R and ends in iley, hasn't learned to pick up his toys.

divider green

Sunday, January 9, 2011

1.9.11

And this is our Sunday photo. He looks like a ragamuffin, and I feel like a ragamuffin these days, so I thought it was fitting. Also, Sunday was the six month mark of losing Dad and I think this disheveled look on Riley is the way my heart feels about it.

It feels like six years since I've seen him, you could convince me it just happened six days ago, and somehow I still think it's impossible that it happened at all. Yet, somehow, we've kept living, kept breathing without him.

By grace alone.

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus